Soka Gakkai's Deviations Clear to All

"Dedicated to those Soka Gakkai Members who wish to know the truth"

Excerpts from White Paper:
Cases of "Individual Conspicuous Punishment" for Soka Gakkai's Grave Slander

From the Son of Daisaku Ikeda to Soka Gakkai Staff and Senior Leaders

Nichiren Daishonin stated in the Gosho as follows; "When I, Nichiren, consider Buddhism, it is clear that nothing can surpass documentary and theoretical proofs. However, most important of all is actual proof." "The sovereign and all those who look down on and despise the votary of the Lotus Sutra in the Latter Day of the Law may, at first lead eventless lives but in the end, they will all perish."

As can be seen from these Gosho passages, the Daishonin teaches that those who act against the True Law will never fail to be strictly punished by the Buddha as actual proof.

Looking back, we see that slanderous acts and destruction of the correct Law had already begun within the Soka Gakkai when in 1977 they took the so-called "line of 77" (their first deviation from the Daishonin's teaching). Then, in 1991, Soka Gakkai calculatingly launched a full-scale revolt against Nichiren Shoshu, which culminated in their excommunication from Nichiren Shoshu in 1997. During this time, the members of the Soka Gakkai, from the central leadership down to the lowest level, have been continuously demonstrating actual proofs of the Buddha's truly stringent punishment.

The following incidents include some which occurred prior to the Gakkai’s excommunication. Grave slanders committed by the Gakkai (Ikeda as the true Buddha, denial of the Heritage, etc.) were the causes, which resulted in the excommunication of the Gakkai and the negative actual proof in the lives of individuals, as documented below.

Incomprehensible Death of Daisaku Ikeda's 2nd Oldest Son

On October 3rd, 1984, Daisaku Ikeda's second oldest son, Shirohisa Ikeda, died in a Tokyo hospital at the young age of 29. The cause of death was gastric perforation (a hole in the stomach).

Following graduation from Soka University, Shirohisa Ikeda began his career as a staff employee of his alma mater. It is said that Daisaku Ikeda favored Shirohisa very much because his body type was similar to his own and as such, he was commonly regarded as his father's likely successor to lead the Soka Gakkai in the future. So why is it that Shirohisa suddenly died of a gastric perforation which, unless left untreated, is not normally fatal? In the 10th volume of Daisaku Ikeda's novel "Human Revolution," in the chapter called "A Steep Path," there is a passage which reads like a prediction of Ikeda's own son's death: "The father of Ittetsu Okada (who had made a counterfeit honzon) died in agony because of gastric perforation." By making counterfeit wooden honzons, Ikeda, himself, committed just such a grave slander thereby troubling High Priest Nittatsu Shonin greatly. And just seven years after the slanders of 1977, Ikeda, like the character in his novel, lost his most beloved son and successor due to gastric perforation.

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

Mr. Hiroshi Hojo, the 4th President of Soka Gakkai Died Suddenly of Myocardial Infarction.

In July of 1981, Mr. Hiroshi Hojo, the 4th president of Soka Gakkai, died suddenly of myocardial infarction while taking a bath at his home. He was 58 years old. Throughout 3rd president Ikeda's presidency, Mr. Hojo waited on Ikeda hand and foot as the senior vice president. After Ikeda resigned in 1979, to assume responsibility for the problems he, himself, had caused, Mr Hojo became the 4th president of the Soka Gakkai. Mr. Hojo alone shouldered the whole responsibility for cleaning up and covering up the many scandals produced by Ikeda and the Soka Gakkai. Mr. Hojo served as Ikeda's confidant and was viewed as "a person who, more than anyone else, always devoted himself to Ikeda." No one can reasonably escape the conclusion that Mr. Hojo died suddenly at the young age of 58 years old as karmic retribution for supporting Ikeda's slanders.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Women's Division Chief Killed in a Horrible Crash

Mrs. T, a chief of the Women's Division in Northern Kyushu, together with her daughter, a district leader in the young women's division, were dedicated worshipers of Daisaku Ikeda. Mrs. T wouldn't even say, "Hello" to ex-Soka Gakkai members when she met them and she regularly severely slandered Nichiren Shoshu.

On December 23, 1991, Mrs. T was riding in a car driven by a man with whom she was having an extra-marital affair. Tragically, the car collided head-on with a large truck and after biting into the front wheels of the truck, their car was totally crushed killing both the man and Mrs. T instantly. It took tens of hours to dismantle the wreckage and clean up the mess. Only the upper part of Ms. T's body and the lower part of the body of the man were ever found. Authorities said the collision was so terrible that determining the identities of the bodies was a difficult and time-consuming process.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Chapter Chief Run Over by a Train

Mr. H, a chapter chief in Kanagawa prefecture, was known for forcibly entering the homes of people who had left the Gakkai, in order to intimidate them into withdrawing their resignations from the Soka Gakkai. But that was before July 10th, 1991. That day, Mr. H. was waiting on a platform of the Shinbashi train station as his train approached. When he tried to pick up his baggage in anticipation of boarding the train, he staggered and fell forward onto the tracks just as his train pulled in. The Tokaido Line express ran him over killing him instantly. Funeral services were conducted by the Soka Gakkai.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

First Daughter of the Young Men's Division Zone Chief Kidnapped and Murdered

On February 20, 1992, two female elementary school students in Fukuoka (girls A and Y) were kidnapped. The next day, their murdered bodies were found. One of the girls turned out to be the first daughter of Mr. N, Zone Chief of the Soka Gakkai Young Men's Division. The other girl's family belonged to Shoshinkai, which, just like the Soka Gakkai, had been excommunicated from Nichiren Shoshu due to their denial of the Heritage of the Law.

In the local newspaper, two pictures were lined up side by side; one was a picture of A's funeral conducted by the Soka Gakkai and the other was the picture of Y's funeral conducted by a Shoshinkai priest. This case is a good reminder of the strictness of causality regarding the negation of the Transmission of the Law.  

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Chapter Guidance Member Died During Meeting / Elevator Carrying His Coffin Falls to the Ground

Mr. B, a Chapter Guidance Member in Nagasaki Prefecture, was an active Soka Gakkai member for many years. He had dedicated himself to stopping Soka Gakkai members from leaving the organization, saying things like, "Those who leave the organization will fall into hell."

In February 1992, while attending a Soka Gakkai meeting held at one of their activity centers, he fell in the bathroom and expired. Following his Gakkai funeral, the funeral party escorted Mr. B's coffin out of the facility via an elevator. But when the relatives entered the elevator containing his coffin, the elevator cable snapped and although there was an automatic stop switch installed in the system, for some reason it didn't work. Mr. B's six relatives together with his coffin, free fell from the third floor, crashing to the ground. All six were injured in the bizarre incident.  

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

Vice-Prefecture Chief's Company Bankrupt / He Goes Missing

In 1993, Mr. T was acting as a Soka Gakkai Vice-Prefecture Chief in Fukuoka. He was the person with primary responsibility for publicly slandering the High Priest at meetings and when members visited the Gakkai Hall, he would bang the tables with his fists as he slandered Nichiren Shoshu.

Mr. T was also the director of a loan company but his company went bankrupt. It was discovered that Mr. T had been making fictitious transactions, some as huge as several hundreds of millions of yen each. In order to recover the company's funds, Mr. T's house and land were taken and all his personal property confiscated. Even so, there was still an enormous amount of debt remaining. Mr. T disappeared and hasn't been heard from since.

  + + + + + + + + + + + +

The Hanshin Earthquake is Actual Proof of Soka Gakkai's Fake Honzons

In the early dawn of January 17th, 1995, a giant earthquake hit the Awaji district of the Hanshin region. With a seismic intensity rating of seven, the earthquake and its accompanying fire caused 5,500 people to die, 27,000 to be injured and 110,000 houses to be damaged, making it the largest disaster since World War II. It had long been said that an earthquake would not occur in the Kobe region and yet, without warning, such a large-scale earthquake struck. There must have been a significant cause to bring about such a catastrophic event.

1995 was designated by the Soka Gakkai organization as "the Year of Victory for the Kansai Region" and "the Era of Hyogo." Perhaps for this reason, in the Hyogo region, the rate of replacement of legitimate Gohonzons with the Gakkai's fake honzons was intensely promoted and accelerated.

On the 15th and 16th of January, immediately before the earthquake, fake honzons were distributed in large numbers at all Soka Gakkai halls in Hyogo. This also means that a significant number of Nichiren Shoshu's Gohonzons which had been bestowed upon the members, were at the same time, disrespectfully treated - the Soka Gakkai collected Nichiren Shoshu's Gohonzons and burned them all!

Nichiren Daishonin states in his Gosho, "Slanderous monks fill the entire land, enraging the heavenly gods; comets cover the sky and the earth rolls like giant waves." As this Gosho passage teaches, the Hanshin earthquake was nothing but an actual proof (effect) of the gravely slanderous honzons which suddenly filled the region, causing the earth to dance like waves. What happened to the Gakkai members who lived there? "All four chapters burned down," said Mr. Mitsuru Miyamoto, headquarters chief in the area, "They were utterly destroyed," (quote from Seikyo Newspaper dated February 15, 1995). As reported in their own newspaper, many Soka Gakkai members' houses were destroyed and many Gakkai members were themselves crushed or burned to death in the rubble of their collapsed homes. Especially the Nagata ward─the area where the Gakkai members were most densely concentrated─experienced the highest level of devastation.

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

In an Airplane which Failed to Take Off…

On June 13th, 1996, a Garuda Indonesian Airlines plane failed in its attempt to take off from the Fukuoka Airport and crashed and burned. Despite the seriousness of the accident, most of the passengers and crew were able to safely evacuate through the emergency exits and ruptures in the body of the aircraft. Unfortunately, however, three passengers did lose their lives. Among them, Mr. I was a Soka Gakkai member. He and all the members of his family were devoted followers of Ikeda. His father, in particular, used to openly declare, "If Sensei (President Ikeda) went to hell, I would go with him." Mr. O, another victim of the accident, had a daughter who was also an extremely devout Soka Gakkai member.

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

SGI Member, Victim in Brazilian Airplane Crash

On October 31st, 1996, a plane crashed into a residential neighborhood bursting into flames right after taking off from Kongonhas Airport in Sao Paulo. This air disaster took the lives of 98 people including the passengers, crew and residents in that area. Among the dead passengers, there was a Brazilian Soka Gakkai member famous for making huge donations of money to the Soka Gakkai every year. Also, Mr. F, a plasterer, who was working on a building located where the plane crashed, was splashed with burning jet fuel and died crying for help with his whole body covered in flames. Mr. F was a devout Soka Gakkai member too. The local newspaper did a story about him including a photograph. Sadly, visible within the photo was the fake honzon he had worshiped. In contrast to this, Mr. K and Mr. A, who both belonging to Nichiren Shoshu Ichijoji Temple in Brazil, were able to escape this disastrous accident in a mystic way.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Young Men's Division Member Slashed his Ex-Girlfriend 100 Times

On August 1st, 1997, a female piano teacher was murdered in Hamamatsu City. According to police, the murderer, Takashi Ohsumi, had been regularly dating the piano teacher but when the victim communicated her determination to break off the relationship, Ohsumi took it badly. On the day of her murder, he sneaked into her apartment and slashed her more than one hundred places on her body. Ohsumi was a Young Men's Division member in the Soka Gakkai and his parent's house was famous in their neighborhood as the home of a "dedicated Gakkai family."

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

Men's Division Senior Leader Committed Suicide by Fire

Mr. K, a senior leader of the Soka Gakkai's Men's Division in Sanjo City, Niigata prefecture, was very active in the organization, even taking the central role in conducting Gakkai funerals. He was such a fanatic Gakkai believer that he went so far as to try to make Hokkeko believers leave Nichiren Shoshu. But after undergoing surgery for rectal cancer in April of 1999, he developed a serious neurosis. On November 21 of the same year, he tried to kill his sleeping wife by stabbing her in the neck with a kitchen knife. Bleeding, his wife ran out of the house seeking help. That was when Mr. K poured kerosene throughout his house and set it ablaze. The next morning, Mr. K's carbonized body was found amidst the ashes of his home.  

 + + + + + + + + + + + +

Soka Gakkai Member Fell From Bridge and Died Crushed Under His Car

Mr. T, a resident of Yamanashi prefecture, devoted himself to doing Gakkai activities together with his wife. He was a leader in his district and considered to be a close associate of the prefecture chief (a Soka Gakkai vice president). On January 15, 1999, while Mr. T was driving his stationwagon in Yamanashi prefecture, he lost control of his car, crashed through a bridge railing and fell down to the flood plain alongside a river, 30 meters below. He was immediately crushed to death under his car. Since on the day of the accident, it was snowing, it seems that the car slipped on the frozen surface of the road. Mr. T was thrown out of his car, which then landed on and crushed him. If he had remained in the car, or the places where the car and his body fell were apart, he could have escaped his death. It was truly an unfortunate and tragic accident.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

Shocking! An Attempted Murder Between Soka Gakkai Staff in the “Peace Hall”

On May 14, 1999, in broad daylight, an outrageous incident occurred in the Tachikawa Peace Hall in Tachikawa City, Tokyo. The suspect, Mieko Tashiro, was one of the Gakkai's Young Women's Division staff (Vice-Headquarters' Chief of the Young Women's Division). She stabbed Mr. K a staff member of the Seikyo Newspaper Company (at that time, acting as a Chapter Chief and until the previous year, a national vice-secretary of the Young Men's Division). The suspect, Tashiro, was caught in the act of the attempted murder.

It is said that the suspect, Tashiro, and Mr. K had been dating for about three years but when he told her, "Let's break up since I found another woman," Tashiro thought that she had no other choice but to kill him. It is also reported that when she saw him in a reception room of the "Peace Hall" she got a kitchen knife and stabbed Mr. K in the left side of his abdomen.

It seems that at the time they started to go out with each other, Mr. K already had a wife and children and the reason he wanted to clear up this extra-marital affair was because he had found yet another woman. This is really surprising and simply amazing. What on earth are the ethics of the Gakkai members? Because the Gakkai members ─ with absolutely no justification─falsly accused the High Priest, the successor of Nichiren Daishonin, of sexual misconduct, this too, is nothing but punishment from the Buddha. Causes the slanderers have made will never fail to come back to them.   

+ + + + + + + + + + + +

All of these actual proofs were serious crimes and accidents reported in the major public newspapers. But these are only the tip of the iceberg of what has been actually happening to millions of Soka Gakkai members throughout Japan. How sad and tragic!

Surely the Gakkai members are carrying out their activities not to make themselves unhappy and yet we see that the longer time elapses and the more slander they accumulate, the more serious and extensive the consequences for the Gakkai members become.

We sincerely hope that for their own sake and for the sake of those around them, the current Soka Gakkai members will leave the organization, the source of their misfortune, as soon as possible, and follow the correct path to Buddhahood without averting their eyes from this harsh reality.